“I enjoy working with the The Holst Singers because together we perform at a world-class level, introducing adventurous and heartfelt music to our audiences. As a member of the Friends scheme, you can enable us to build our exciting concerts which in turn will surprise and inspire you. I look forward to meeting you at a concert or rehearsal soon.”Stephen Layton, Music Director
Why your support matters
The Holst Singers is a registered charity, committed to choral excellence and introducing new audiences to choral music. As part of this, we perform a wide range of activities, including:
- giving ground-breaking performances;
- recording projects;
- commissioning new music;
- touring, both in the UK and internationally.
Running a choir like The Holst Singers costs more than we can raise from ticket sales alone; even a sold-out concert may not cover costs. Financial support from our friends and supporters will play an essential role in enabling the choir to continue to make music of the highest standards and build an exciting future.
We hope that you will consider supporting the choir financially. But we don’t want the involvement of our Friends to end there. We would like to engage you in the life of the choir and, as our way of saying thank you, give you the chance to get to know us and how we work.
- Be among the first to know: receive an e-newsletter three times a year with advance notice of concerts and open rehearsal dates, CDs and other news about Stephen Layton and the Holst Singers.
- Get closer to rehearsal process: follow us as we prepare for performances with an invitation to an open rehearsal, followed by an informal wine reception.
- Receive special Friends rates for certain concerts and CDs
We want to say a heartfelt thank you from Stephen Layton and all the singers for helping to transform our future plans into a reality. We all have a commitment to producing the finest choral music, which moves and inspires, and sharing this widely. Your contributions will help us continue our work. Unless you wish to remain anonymous, the names of all our Friends will appear on our website with our thanks.
Join the Friends of the Holst Singers
Becoming a Friend with a single membership costs £40, joint Friends membership costs £60; if you’d like to become one of our Friends and help support our future plans, please complete the form below…